In today’s complex business environment, optimum decision making depends on being cognizant of the various disciplines that could influence this process.
Accordingly, our team has acquired the necessary experience and training to provide our clients with invaluable services in this regard.
- Richard, the principal has an extensive background that includes working as a financial comptroller in a large manufacturing firm, the Department of Finance and in public accounting.
- Richard is a Licensed Public Accountant (LPA) who holds the professional designations of Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA), Certified General Accounting (CGA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) in the United Kingdom, the Canadian Securities Institutes highest honour – the prestigious Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) designation and a Fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers (FICB).
- His formal education includes an MBA in finance from the University of Quebec, B.S.Sc. (Hons in Economics) from the University of Ottawa, a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from Brandon University and a Certificate in Financial Management. Richard@rsm-cpa.com
- Shirley N. Serwanja has over five years of experience in public practice and prior to joining our firm, she worked at TJX Company Inc., a national retail outlet.
- Shirley holds a BBA (Hons in accounting) from Mount Saint Vincent University and a Diploma in accounting. She is continuing with her studies in the final level of the professional accounting program. Shirley@rsm-cpa.com
Membership in good standing in the following Professional organizations:
- The Institute of Internal Auditor (CIA)
- The Canadian Securities Institute (CSI)
- The Institute of Canadian Bankers (ICB)
- The Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA)
- The Certified General Accountants Association (CGA)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA / CFF)